Irena Motnenko, PhD
Irena Motnenko, PhD, is the President and Chief Technical Officer of the Osorno Group. She previously served as the Assistant to the Chief Scientist of BioDigestor Technologies of Canada, Inc.
- In 1990, she graduated from Moscow State University, Russia, with an M.Sc. in sedimentology and marine geology.
- She received her PhD in environmental geology from Moscow State University in 1999.
- During the 1990s, Dr. Motnenko was involved in several research projects, including the international “Avicenne” project of the European Union.
- She also serves as Vice-President and Chair of the Department of Environmental Sedimentology, Avalon Institute of Applied Science Inc., and as president and CTO of Biocompact Ltd.
For long time she participates in organizing international conferences: as Scientific Secretary of “Applications of Micropaleontology in Environmental Sciences” (Tel Aviv, Israel, 1997), “Application of Micro- and Meioorganisms to Environmental Problems” (Winnipeg, Canada, 2000), and as Technical Director of the Third International Congress “Environmental Micropaleontology, Microbiology and Meiobenthology” (Vienna, Austria, 2002), and all IGCP conferences organized by Avalon Institute of Applied Science. She has served for many years on the board of directors of the International Society of Environmental Microbiology, Micropalaeontology, and Meiobenthology.
Victor Motnenko, MSc
Victor Motnenko, MSc, is the Technical and Maintenance Manager of the Osorno Group. He workes in Osorno as Installation and Maintenance Specialist since his immigration to Canada in 2001 and recently was promoted to his current position.
- In 1988, he graduated from Moscow State University, Russia, with an M.Sc. in hydrogeology and engineering geology with major in hydrogeology
- He also serves as Project Supervisor in Avalon Institute of Applied Science Inc., and as Installation and Maintenance Manager in Biocompact Ltd.